Wednesday 23 April 2008

Lotte Reiniger

Lotte Reiniger is a huge inspiration for me. I think her work is stunning :D it must of been amazingly time consuming but so very worth it. Rachel at uni is always talking to me about animating my stories. I don't know how keen I am on that idea. I always think it sounds interesting. Then it doesn't feel right. Maybe it is beacause I prefer books to films...I'd rather make a beautiful storybook than a film. Perhaps I feel just because there is a story, every action doesn't need to be played out. Then again of course I do frequently enjoy films...and actions can be very beautiful. Animating my characters could be quite exciting and though I still don't feel right about it, like it wouldn't work, or it just isn't what I want to do...I may in fact enjoy it and be surprised by the results so I know I should push myself to have a real go...

No comments: