Monday 21 April 2008

Kurt Jackson <3





Kurt Jackson is my definite favourite artist. I love the energy and passion in his work. I think it's utterly beautiful. His paintings remind me of my childhood. And of happy moments when I can stop and breathe and appreciate. He paints the same scene repeatedly in different lights, moments. These paintings are memories. And they capture how beautiful England is :) I love England so much...I think sometimes people don't realise how lovely this country is. And it hurts to think what climate change might cause us to lose.


I love that he lives in Cornwall with a big vegetable garden near the sea :D and he paints the garden and the vegetables and his wife tending the garden. I know gardening is hard work but it sounds so dreamily idyllic. I imagine him spending his days painting the land he knows and loves so well and coaxing delicious fruits and vegetables from the garden and everything being simple and beautiful. Probably nothing of the sort but I like this idea.


The paintings are even more intensely wonderful in real life, I grab any opportunity to see them for real. I hope another one comes soon!

No comments: