Tuesday 15 April 2008

I heart Poland





I had such an amazingly good time in Poland! We stayed with family I never knew I had before as our families had lost touch. They are lovely lovely lovely, cooked us lovely food and took us about. These are pictures from their home and from our visit to Pszczyna which had a castle museum place (where you must wear slippers over your shoes) and the cars got clamped dammit!


Karolina (my new distant cousin) and I showed each other music and videos on youtube which is where I picked up Efterklang and the shadow video in my March posts. She got good taste :) We also watched some Lost which made me want to watch it properly...and now me and Stu are spending far too much time watching Lost from the beginning.


Krakow is beautiful though I've not put any pictures in. My favourite favourite is the interior of St Marys church. It is stunningly beautiful! I'm not religious but I love beautiful churches and cathedrals. I never take my own photos inside religious buildings, I feel weird about it. But I will look for other peoples in a bit.


Salt mine is incredible too..salt miners carvings, statues and a whole church made of salt!


I can't remember the last time going abroad made me this happy...I usually find it a bit exhausting.


Have now looked for photos of St Marys but I can't find any that do it justice. Here's a link with other reactions and a description though - http://www.cracow-life.com/poland/krakow-st-marys

No comments: