Sunday 24 February 2008

Hotelympia




Last Monday I went to Hotelympia, a trade show for the hospitality industry. I wanted to have a look since I was told my glowing bed curve looked more like a hotel product than a home product. So I went, then last week was so stressful leading up to presentation I really didn't want to go but had to as it was too late to back out...but it was interesting and I enjoyed it. And there were free food samples >:) I didn't take many because I was embarassed as a non business person...but I should have now I think on it. Damn embarrasment :)

The Design and Decor section was a little boring for me. Not really my taste. Though I saw etchglow signs in action - which was what I was looking at in my last project. And went to a good talk by the design director for Malmaison and Hotel Du Vin. I'm inexperienced when it comes to industry and it's good to hear what people in industry have to say. The actual design wasn't the most exciting, but very luxurious and pleasant. Images above are Hotel Du Vin.

No comments: