Monday 7 September 2009

Radical Nature @ Barbican

I am so sorry. Goodbye - Heather and Ivan Morison 2008

This is good. I love this bird-like house, and it is outside the Barbican by the lake for the Radical Nature exhibition. you can sit inside and feel relaxed while looking out of triangular windows!

Green Room by A12 is like a little tardis but when you step inside, it's mirrored and you feel as though you are in a large kaleidascopic garden. It's quite magical. I'd like to sit in a corner of it and read books.

There are lots of interesting concepts and ideas, though I couldn't understand some of it. I don't think it's entirely my fault either, I think some of it plain doesn't explain or make sense. But it's nontheless fascinating and visually exciting.

My highlights were the Blur Building and Agnes Denes, more details below.

It's well worth going to this, it gives you alot to think about. I wish there had been more real nature inside that you could touch somehow. I wish the floors could have been grass....but I guess that would be a waste of grass. And effort as it would quickly have been trampled and dying.

http://www.morison.info/iamsosorry.goodb.html

http://www.barbican.org.uk/radical_nature

No comments: