Monday 23 June 2008

Vivienne Westwood @ Millenium Gallery


I was in Sheffield this weekend with my wonderful gran who took me to see the Vivienne Westwood exhibition thats on there atm. So much wonderful tailoring and luxurious fabric :) Also a dress with I think real garden snail shells attached to it with fake shiny snails :) My favourite bit was a collection from 1981/82 all browns and peasanty with hoodies :) I'd also quite like an enormous silk taffeta ball gown with dramatic bows and the occasion to wear it. Thank you.

A Vivienne Westwood quote from the exhibition that I really like:
"When you analyse where the glamour is in clothes, the romance, it is, I believe, in something that people have seen before. It's like a perfume. You think 'I know that smell. It's reminding me of something else as well.'"


Hey while checking the Millenium Gallery site I just spotted this: http://www.sheffieldgalleries.org.uk/coresite/html/exhibitions.asp?id=935 but I didn't see it at all! Rubbish :(

No comments: