Saturday 21 June 2008

St Martins Degree Show - 1st year MA Textile Futures





Wow the busy never stops! It's the end of term now and we have just taken down our little first year section of the degree show. First years wouldn't normally be in it but thanks to Samsonite we were. Our Samsonite sponsored project was Future Travel in relation to the five senses. We displayed in a big wooden globe that Ruiari designed..which I was initially sceptical of but it looked really nice in the end :) Everyone did such different concepts and beautiful work. It's exciting to be on a course with such talented people.

The last picture is my work :) Concept was transparant luggage due to paranoia following terrorism. I looked at ways to maintain privacy or a sense of it - 2 way mirror, windows that open/close, electrochromic film that switches from opaque to transparent with the flick of a switch! And moire/optical illusion to distract from seeing through. It really learnt alot and could probably continue furthur. I think I will be taking some stuff furthur in my final project where I'm taking forward my shadow, light and storytelling while not forgetting sustainability.

No comments: