Sunday 25 November 2007

Lumie


There suddenly seems to be many light based alarm clocks! Well...at least 2. :) Maybe it's just I'm noticing because I'm thinking along the same lines. First Phillips Wake-Up light and now Lumie have one too and it's both dusk and dawn! With a 30 day trial...I'm very tempted. I am totally suckered into this idea especially after all my sleep/light research. I'm imaging waking up naturally feeling refreshed because my body chemicals are doing the right thing according to the light :) yay! £60 though...

Iknow my project isn't 'real'. And I'm not really about to start manufacturing bed curve sleep/wake lights but I can't stop thinking - imagine how much it would cost!!! All that perspex and laser cutting and felt....not to mention the actual making and getting it working and set up. It'd be very beautiful but utterly unaffordable and ridiculously unneccesary luxury. But so pretty. And I'd love to see it for real, and sleep beneath it.

No comments: