Saturday 14 June 2014

Vikings - British Museum



I've tried to visit twice but it has been so incredibly crowded that I've not really been able to appreciate it it. The massive viking boat is very impressive and the exhibition opens up a bit here but the lead up to the boat is so awful I barely took anything in. 

I'm having some bad timing lately I think as I visited the Comics Unmasked exhibition at the British Library a couple of weeks ago and that was jammed too but less oppressively. 

It's frustrating shuffling in a disorganised queue around an expensive exhibition though and you barely get to see as you feel guilty holding other people up. 

I often go to popular and crowded exhibitions though but none that made me shut down like Vikings did. I just wanted to leave as soon as I went in the second time and pretty much did. Such a shame and I'm annoyed at myself as I'm interested in the Vikings. I will be reading a book instead I guess!

No comments: