Friday 17 January 2014

Macaron 2014.1

First macaron attempt this year and not too bad. They looked like macarons and tasted delicious but as usual I struggled with my oven temp and timing.

First tray that went in the oven was over browned and a bit too crisp so I dropped the temp and covered with foil. I think just the foil would have sufficed as the other trays were all too soft. I ended up pulling soft shells off the tray and leaving the middles behind.

I also had a first time problem....after 2 hours my piped mix still hadn't become touch dry! This has never happened to me before, it's always been fine after about 40 mins. Not yet sure if I did something wrong with my mix or because my new flat is extremely damp.

I feel much more confident with my mixture and piping though! Yay! Next time I hope I get my oven temp/timing correct!

Picture is of the slightly browned overly crispy ones. I forgot to photograph the slightly anaemic squishy ones. They were all plain almond vanilla macaroons with different coloured butter icing as filling.

No comments: